Saturday, May 11, 2013

MAY 11 2013 GRAND VUE WALK YIELDS GOOD BIRDS

We've had a lot of rain and fairly severe weather. That resulted in no takers for our hike today on this overcast and cool morning.  However, those same conditions result in many birds being forced out of the air, their flights grounded or at least delayed.  So it was actually a perfect day for birding.  So I added to my Grand Vue list today the following birds: Chestnut-sided Warbler, Hooded Warbler, Yellow-rumped Warbler, Common Yellowthroat, and Yellow-throated Warbler.  I also saw Indigo Bunting, Eastern Wood-pewee, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Yellow-throated Vireo and much activity at the nest boxes.  My list now includes 53 species all seen at Grand Vue.  I took some pictures of the young birds in two bluebird nests and the eggs in the tree swallow nest posting several to this blog.  Grand vue looked great and really there was no rain, just wet conditions.
I'm not available for the next two weeks so birding is on your own....... but often that yields best results.  Until June 8, enjoy the sights, sounds, and birds of Spring.  Remember we are scheduled to do an off trail hike.

No comments: