Wednesday, May 11, 2016

May 7, 2016 Another Big Day at Grand Vue

After the best day on May 1, we followed that up with another very good day and some people returning for more birding.  In fact, I had two groups, 9:00 and 11:00.  Today held more tanagers, rose breasted grosbeaks, and bluebirds. Also, Indigo Buntings, Carolina and House Wrens, Orioles, Wood Thrush, Towhees, White-Crowned, Field, Chipping, and Song Sparrows all were popular.  I enjoyed some warblers: common yellow throat, yellow throated, red starts, and I await the return of a hooded warbler.  It is interesting to be able to predict birds at certain locations on our short walks.  When you know what to expect and you hear them before you see them, identification is simplified.  My first group had 5 and my second group had 2 individuals.  Both were enjoyable groups and all were captivated by the birds.  I return on May 21 at 9:00 for yet another eventful walk.  Note the picture and the caption, "When the Orioles have our attention".
GOOD BIRDING.

No comments: