Monday, April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013

On Sunday, April 21, 2013 I enjoyed a long walk.  Earlier I produced three birding lists to be used by guests at Grand Vue.  One list is a "Lite Challenge" with common birds that could be seen in a long walk.  I also did  "Medium and Big Challenge" Lists for long term birders.  The big challenge list covers the span of April to October and is quite extensive.  It includes migrating warblers.
I was told that yellow rumped warblers were sited but I was not able to find them.  In under two hours I was able to get 28 species on my Big Challenge list including a female red-winged blackbird, phoebe, and three brown thrashers.
This week I lead another outing.  Hopefully some folks show up and we make gains on the bird list.  I am noting some nesting activity to make entry into the breeding bird atlas which I have been neglecting.  More to follow, hopefully some warblers.

No comments: