Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 2011 summary post

Many hikes and observations have taken place since the last post. A follow up to the Norther Waterthrushes at Nauvoo. My last visit in June yielded two Waterthrushes that stayed within a 20 foot radius of me when I positioned myself in the small stream bed. I had to be right on top of their nest but they never went back on the nest. I did not have time wait them out. More hooded warblers and verios and many blue birds. The orchard orioles definitely nested at nauvoo.

In early July I picked berries at Nauvoo and noted the following:
Red Tail Hawk that I scared away for a near by powerline.
White Eyed Verio
Yellow throated? verio
Hooded Warblers
Common Yellow Throats
Red eyed verios
Blue birds
Barn, Tree,swallows
and many other sitings.

No comments: